Babies are the most important wealth of every family. When newborns arrive in the family, to ensure their safety and health, parents need to make every effort to take care of them. Therefore, as parents, we all hope to be able to care for and protect them around the clock. The baby monitor has become a powerful assistant for modern parents in this task. They provide not only real-time monitoring and alerts but also provide many valuable functions and features that can help parents monitor and protect their babies anytime, anywhere. Whether you are a busy working parent, a single-parent family, or a family that needs to take care of multiple babies, the baby monitor can bring you convenience and peace of mind. In this article, we will introduce some of the main functions and features of baby monitors, and those suitable products are recommended for you.
There are three main types of baby monitors on the market: audio, video, and Health tracking baby monitors. The audio monitor can only monitor the sound of babies, and the price is relatively cheap. In addition to the functions that audio products can provide, video type can also monitor more comprehensive audio and video information, and the price is relatively moderate. However, Health tracking baby monitors can only achieve monitoring purposes by detecting the physiological data of babies, and the price is relatively moderate.
What is baby monitor?
As the name implies, it is a device that can keep track of a baby’s situation at any time, and can also be called a baby alarm clock. Especially when your baby is sleeping, whether it’s you and the baby sleeping separately or the baby taking a nap alone during the day, the baby monitor allows you to keep track of the sleeping baby’s situation at all times while still having your own space. For more details, please refer to this link.
Types and Functions Of Baby Monitors
|Audio-Only Baby Monitors||Video Baby Monitors||Health tracking baby monitors(simple&advanced)|
|Range||Limited||Limited( wifi is unlimited, and people can watch their baby on the apps without limitation)||limited( wifi is unlimited,people can watch their baby on the apps without limitation)|
|Real-time audio monitoring||✔||✔||✕（simple）✔ (advanced)|
|Real-time audio interaction||✔||✔||✕（simple）✔ (advanced)|
|Real-time screen monitoring||✕||✔||✕（simple）✔（advanced）|
|Real-time temperature monitoring||✕||✔||✔(all)|
|Automatic infared night vison||✕||✔||✔|
|Price||Normally cheap||Moderate||Moderate （simple）|
How to Choose a Suitable Baby Monitor
- Functions and features
New parents can choose monitors with different functions and features according to their own needs. For example, the night vision function can help parents monitor their baby in the dark, the temperature monitoring function can tell parents about the baby’s room temperature, and the camera can be rotated or adjusted to easily adjust the monitoring angle.
- Range and signal quality
Novice parents need to ensure that the monitor’s range and signal quality are stable to ensure that they do not encounter interruptions and connection issues while monitoring their baby.
- Usability and ease of use
Newbie parents can choose monitors that are easy to set up and use to avoid too much trouble.
- Security and privacy
Newbie parents need to pay attention to the security and privacy issues of monitors to ensure they have adequate security measures to prevent hacker attacks or personal information disclosure.
- User reviews
Novice parents can view the experience and suggestions of other parents or caregivers, and view the user reviews and word of mouth of the product.
New parents need to choose the monitor that suits them based on their budget.
8 baby monitors that sell well on Amazon’s US site
Hear your child even when you’re in another room, and rest assured you’ll know when they need you with the DM111 audio baby monitor. Totally digital transmission cuts down on annoying static and feedback from other wireless devices, so the only sounds you’ll hear are your baby’s.
- Digital Wireless Transmission eliminates background noise
- Five-Level Sound Indicator
- Five-Belt Clip
- Out-of-range indicator
- High sensitivity microphone
Enjoy peace of mind with the Philips AVENT audio baby Monitor SCD502/10. Dect (digital enhanced cordless telecommunications) technology guarantees Zero interference from any other transmitting product like other baby monitors, cordless phones, and cell phones. It also provides high-quality, crystal-clear sound so you can hear your baby anytime.
- Dect technology guarantees zero interference, and clear sound, with an indoor range of 150 feet and an outdoor range of up to 1, 000 feet
- The parent unit is an outlet or battery-powered (AA batteries not included); with batteries, enjoy cordless use of the parent unit for up to 24 hours
- Five sound-activated LED lights show the sound level in the baby’s room even when the parent unit is muted
- Comes with a nightlight to calm and soothe baby
- Smart Eco mode automatically minimizes transmission power and increases battery Lifetime; the closer the parent unit is to the baby unit, the less power is needed.
This baby camera monitor comes with a 5″ Big Screen. The remote control camera rotates 355° horizontally and 120° vertically giving you a larger view of your baby’s room. Also, it has a 2X zoom function to allow for clearer visuals of your baby.
- Temperature Monitoring & 8 Peaceful Lullabies
- Crisp Two-Way Audio Baby Monitor
- Long Range Baby Monitor
- 5” Large Screen of HelloBaby Video Baby Monitor PTZ (Pan-Tilt-Zoom)
- Connect Up to 4 Cameras, Cameras are Available now
- Hacking Free Video Baby Monitor No WiFi No App Needed
- Auto-on Screen in VOX Mode (Sound Activated Baby Monitor)
This baby camera can rotate 355° horizontal / 120° vertical / zoom from the parent unit, expanding your control view as large as possible. it has a 3000mAh battery, which can work for 24 hrs in VOX mode(power saving mode), or 5-7 hrs in normal.
- Frequency: 2.4GHz FHSS
- Operation Environment: Indoor use only; Temperature 0-40℃; Humidity: 5%-90%rh.(relative humidity)
- Operating range: up to 900ft(straight line and open space)
- Power adapter: Input: 100-240v. Output: 5V, 700mA
- Operating time with the battery fully charged: up to 12 hrs(ECO on)
The VTech VM901 Wi-Fi Remote Access Video Baby Monitor with 1080p Full HD Pan & Tilt Camera allows you to check in on your little one from virtually anywhere—at home or remotely on your smart device. The system camera and the provided parent unit are configured for local monitoring out-of-box. And can easily be set up to operate in Router Mode for remote access on your iOS or Andriod device via the free MyVTech Baby 1080p app. Plus, the built-in temperature sensor will let you know with an alert if the nursery is getting too hot or too cold so you can adjust the thermostat.
- Upgraded 720p Display. True Color Day Vision. HD Night Vision
- Plug&Play. Direct Mode / Router Mode
- Fully Remote Pan Tilt Zoom
- Built-in Wide-angle Lens
- 2-Way Talk
- Motion and Temperature Alerts
- Soothing Sounds and Lullabies
2K HD camera： This WiFi baby monitor features a high-quality 2K HD camera with a 5’’ Large HD display.
Upgraded Dual Security Protection: The Baby monitors adopt encryption technology to give you additional layers of security. You can also check the browsing records of the external network accesses to the camera from the monitor and control the switch of the external network connection.
Remote Pan-Tilt-Zoom: The baby camera monitor allows you to cover every angle with its 355°pan and 60°tilt. Features digital 4X zoom in/out, You can connect to your phone via 2.4 GHz FHSS wireless transmission to Watch your baby more closely.
1000ft Range Strong Transmission & SD Card Storage: The Video Baby Monitor features a stable and wide transmission range of up to 1000ft in barrier-free areas, lower latency, and higher stability.
- A High-Quality 2K HD Baby Camera and A 5’’ Large HD LCD Screen
- The camera Cover Every Angle With ITS 355°Pan and 60°Tilt and Aigital 4X Zoom in/out Feature
- With Cry & Sound Detection, Motion & Danger Zone Detection, Temp.& Humidity detection, etc.
- Crisp Night Vision, 2-Way Talk, Night Light
- Strong Transmission & SD Card Storage
The Babytone Sleep Monitor can track your baby’s heart rate, average oxygen level, and movement overnight, which could be a good helper to know your baby’s sleep. Viewing the heart rate, average oxygen level, and movement on ViHealth APP, keep an eye on your baby’s sleep. Additionally, the uniquely- designed nylon foot bands can be easily worn on the baby’s foot, gentle and non-irritating.
- Track your baby’s heart rate, average oxygen level, and movement overnight
- The Unique- Designed Nylon Foot Bands Can Be Easily Worn On
- Sleeping Summary Available on The ViHealth App (iOS/Android)
- Building-in-Memory, It works as a stand-alone monitor and can store up to 4 sessions of data
The Sense-U Smart Baby Monitor tracks your child’s abdominal movement during sleep, as a sleep quality indicator, and notifies you of slow abdominal movement, from your smartphone directly. What’s more, as a sleep quality indicator, and notifies you when your child rolls over to sleep on their stomach.
- Real-Time Tracking of Your Baby’s Abdominal Rise
- Real-Time Tracking of Your Baby’s Fall Movement and Rollover
- Real-Time Feeling Temperature, Rollover
Baby Monitor is a good helper for most novice parents. It can reduce parents’ anxiety to a certain extent and prevent babies from the risk of SIDS! If you want to learn more about childcare knowledge or related product evaluation about babies, please comment more and leave us a message! thank you!